About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am a fitness loving, home schooling, fan fic writing, online gaming, weight lifting, running when and where I can kind of mom...I love my kids and husband, and wouldn't trade my life for anything!

Friday, September 28, 2012

Weekly NSV!

   I promised I would try to make sure I posted weekly non scale victories, and here I am!  Last week, I wrote about blood pressure, and how I scored a victory by lowering it down to a healthy number.  As far as NSVs go, I have to say that is a rather large one to celebrate.  Large, but also a little sobering.  It certainly causes you to stop and think more about health, and how important it is to know your body!
    With that thought, I decided to have a little more fun with this victory.  One of the other important numbers that goes down with weight loss is your size, obviously.  I have posted a lot of things on my size, and the progress I have made there, so I wanted to speak about a different aspect of my slowly shrinking figure.
     I have always been camera shy because of my weight.  Candid shots always scared me, so I would pretty much try to avoid cameras when and where I could.  It was always better to be the photographer, not the subject, because that way I could guarantee no photographs would be taken of me.
   
    So the victory this week, is that I am no longer afraid of cameras!  
 
   I know, that sounds a little bit silly!  Silly as it is, though, it could not be more true.  Yesterday I had the fun opportunity to help out with the end of season celebration for the basketball league at my church's recreation ministry.  There was much enjoyment of junk food, music, and blow up slides and obstacle courses!  The kids had a great time and, I think, the adults did too.  One of the people I work with was photographing the entire event, and for once I did not try to avoid my photo being taken.  When I saw the photograph posted this morning, I was more than pleasantly surprised to find a rather slender looking version of me. 
      It is so nice to look at photos of myself, and really like what I see, instead of being embarrassed, and hoping no one views it.  I have always been ashamed of how I look, but now I enjoy showing off my pictures.  I enjoy having my photos taken.  Somewhere along this journey, I found a new appreciation for myself, and a confidence that I have lacked for such a long time.

As this is a post about photos, perhaps it is proper that I post some of my latest favorites, starting with the one from last night!

Playing ref for the obstacle course.

Hot and sweaty, but having fun at the football game!  You can really see the progress in my face.

First skirt in so long.  Pardon the mess and goofy look...all can be blamed on prep for Kidz Klozet!


No comments:

Post a Comment