About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am a fitness loving, home schooling, fan fic writing, online gaming, weight lifting, running when and where I can kind of mom...I love my kids and husband, and wouldn't trade my life for anything!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Train derailment!

  Well, it happens to everyone.  No, seriously, it does.  We all have those weeks where exercise has been less than stellar, and our diet has been worse.  It has definitely been one of those weeks for me.  I am in need of some new knee braces, as my old ones are slowly dying on me.  I certainly could have hit up the fitness room in place of running, but to be totally honest with you, the idea of getting on that elliptical made me say some bad words!  In other words, I have taken the last week off from any and all exercise, and I enjoyed my fill of football food this past weekend. I think I am just not going to visit the scale for the next week or two, until I get back on track here!
    But that is the thing.  Getting back on track.  Every person who has fought to kick a habit or addiction will probably fall off the wagon at least once.  That is okay!  The problem is not getting off track, but getting back on. I can not count the number of times I stepped off my path in the past and just said "oh the heck with it, one more bad meal can not hurt!" Then that became another bad meal, and another fattening snack, and another week without exercising.  Slowly but surely I would find myself on a less than admirable track, right back to where I started.
     Let's face it, it is hard to get back. One week of skipping workouts, and eating poorly, and you will find that you lost some of your progress.  I'm expecting my next run to absolutely kick my rear end, and my next set of reps during my strength training to absolutely leave me begging for a hot shower.  Well, that is okay.  I want it to do that.  I want my butt to get kicked, because that butt kicking will make me stronger for the next workout!
    The "I'm going to give up again" excuse just is not going to cut it this time. Tonight, I will be doing some yoga to strengthen my body, and calm my mind. Tomorrow, you will find me in my clogging class, sweating it up while learning to dance, and then lifting weights after.  Tuesday will find me on the track at the park or church, assuming I can get knee braces of course.  If not, I will be working out (and cussing out) on the elliptical at church.  Wednesday, I am going to go for a good walk, and hit those weights again.
    In other words, my workout schedule is going to go on as planned, no matter how tired and sore it makes me feel.  Better to be sore tomorrow, than sorry!  Time to get my butt in gear, and get back on track.  So if you're off track now, and feeling sorry for yourself, get up and get over it!  That is why I am writing this.  I am making sure you all know what workouts I plan to do this week, so that I will have to keep myself honest, when I am tempted to just shrug off another workout!
   
   Don't let your derailment become disaster!
    Kristina.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment