About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am a fitness loving, home schooling, fan fic writing, online gaming, weight lifting, running when and where I can kind of mom...I love my kids and husband, and wouldn't trade my life for anything!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

sigh...I hate busy weeks!

Well, I can say that a busy week is hell on exercise.  Okay, maybe not that bad.  With all the running around I did, I got a good amount of exercise.  And I did help rake my Mother in law's yard which, let me tell you, makes for great cardio.

My diet could have definitely been better the last few days.  I'm really not good about avoiding temptation.  It's like my will is just weak when it comes to my comfort foods...I am, without a doubt, a very emotional eater.  Doesn't matter what emotion I am feeling, they all make me want to eat.  Honestly, I think it's just a really bad habit I let myself get in to.  When i have quiet time, I want to snack.  It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't want to snack on unhealthy foods.  The problem, though, is that I want bad bad things, hah!

 I see another area that I need to focus on and improve.  I'm like a cigarette smoker.  I need to replace my snacking habit with something healthier.  But what?  Exercise is a good one, maybe writing more, maybe get back to full time jewelry making.  Just something to take my mind of food.  And I really need to do the six small meals a day practice.  I hear that it's great for perpetual snack lovers like myself.

Aside from my rather pitiful diet and exercise this week, tonight was a good diner. The potato chips may not have been the healthiest, but I took some left over pot roast, added in some sweet baby ray's sauce, and made barbeque sandwiches.  Let me tell you, it was yummy!  I am thinking chicken Caesar salads tomorrow...I've just had a craving for one all week long!

Once hubby gets the kids to sleep, I'm going to do some weight lifting and cardio.  He's my spotter, and is tougher than any personal trainer I know.  I am so fortunate to have a husband that not only supports my healthier life style, but is behind me drill-sergeant style, making sure I stay true to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment