About Me

My photo
Alabama
I am a fitness loving, home schooling, fan fic writing, online gaming, weight lifting, running when and where I can kind of mom...I love my kids and husband, and wouldn't trade my life for anything!

Thursday, June 5, 2014

A LONG overdue update.

   It's been a very long time since I last wrote something on here, but a few recent changes have prompted me to get back to writing.  And, I admit, I realized how much I missed this blog. It was something that kept me honest with myself, and something that inspired many of my friends.  With so many now starting their life changes, I thought it would be a good idea to return to Jiggle Proof.
   I'm not running as far or as regularly as I was, mostly three or four miles two or three times a week, but I still enjoy it.  I've started focusing more on weight lifting and muscle building now more than anything. I have a lot of extra skin on my legs and arms that is left over from my weight loss, and the only way to really "tighten" it, is to build muscle to fill up where the fat once took up space.
Finally seeing some muscle!
  So far I've had some really good results. I'm very pleased with the shape my arms and legs are in, as compared to a few weeks ago when I started my new weight lifting routine. I am opting for higher weight and fewer reps to build up bulk, because quite frankly I would like to look like I could kick someone's ass.  And with how buff Ben is getting in preparation for police academy, my competitive nature took over.  He may have stronger arms, but he can only do half the squats I can, and that is without weights.  The friendly competition helps inspire both of us to really push ourselves.

    I'm still dancing with One Step Ahead, and just danced my second recital a couple of weeks ago.  It was an absolute blast, and I have found that I really enjoy being up on stage and dancing.  I am in a class with an amazing group of ladies who make Monday a more tolerable day, and who have become some of my best friends in the last couple of years. Not all that long ago, I wouldn't have had the confidence to dance on stage, or wear our performance uniform, which is basically skin tight tops with booty shorts.  But not only do I wear said outfit, I wore it down town while dancing in a Mardi Gras parade.  How's that for confidence?
Portrait day for dance.  LOVE this costume!
See..skin tight with booty shorts!



Can you tell I've gained confidence?
Me and the Monday night hip hop ladies.  
Getting ready to dance the finale
    Also of note is that I ran my first mud run a couple of months ago. Yep, you read that, me on an obstacle course.  It challenged me, big time, but a couple of years ago I wouldn't have even been able to do some of the easier obstacles.  I came in 5th out of eight in my age group.  That may not sound like much to some, but for me, that was a HUGE achievement.  I have the poster and medal hanging up on my wall right now, reminding me every day of what I can achieve when I put my mind to it.
Crossing the finish line with a big smile!

    Now for the BIG reason for my update here.  I am going to be wearing a bikini for the first time...at least since I was MUCH younger. Now I don't have flat abs, I'm still a bit chubby thanks to my mommy pooch and apron, and I have some impressive stretch marks, but I am going to wear it.  I have lost 80 pounds, and I want to show it off.  I don't want to wait for corrective plastic surgery!  I'm going to rock that two piece this week.  Besides, when I look at where I was, and where I am now I have to stop and think...WOW I look so much better!
 
That was then


This is now!
   
 
























     I'm looking forward to regularly updating my blog again, and starting back with the record of my fitness journey.  I may have fallen off the wagon for a while, but I've climbed back on now, and I am feeling great.  Ever since taking back my body, I've learned to appreciate it more, and my continued pursuit of fitness is a mark of that appreciation.
 
As always I wish all of my readers the very best of luck with their own goals, and pray that you have a good journey on your way to fitness.
-Kristina






No comments:

Post a Comment